Saturday, March 9, 2013

Week Ten: Kind Reflections for International Women's Day.


For week ten, I got inspired by International Women's Day, which fell on Friday March 8th. I rummaged in my stuff for a mirror, added a couple of feel-good words and tapped it to a poll on the street.


Instagram: geneseguin. #k4kproject


Media and advertising imposes beauty standards onto women by depicting certain looks and body types. My goal was to showcase the viewer, encourage self-confidence and have people embrace their individuality. 

Even though I put this up for International Women's Day, I decided to keep it gender neutral (notice the French). I didn't wish to narrow it down to only women as I felt that everyone can appreciate a couple of encouraging words. Hope everyone had a great IWD!

G.

No comments:

Post a Comment