Friday, October 4, 2013

Week Thirty Nine: Leaving a Single Use Camera on a Restaurant Patio Table.

I’ve been getting back into photography lately. There’s something about capturing a moment in still life that fascinates me.  Moments that can never be recreated and seen through a third party's lens. Moments that would probably pass right by you if they weren’t being documented; memories are created with a single picture. It’s a feeling and a power like no other.

So I decided to pass on that opportunity to a stranger. I bought a single use camera and wrote a tiny note. After taking a picture of the note with the camera, I left both items on a random restaurant patio table on my way to work. 

My goal was to remind the stranger who would come across it to celebrate and remember everyday moments and experiences, as they often seem to go unnoticed while being caught up in our routines. What better location to leave the camera than a restaurant, I thought, where daily and/or weekly meetings between friends and family occur.

Instagram: geneseguin. #k4kproject

I’m hoping it pushed that person to enjoy and think about the pleasures and people he/she surrounded him/herself with on a daily basis. It's these little things collectively that makes us who we are.

G.

No comments:

Post a Comment