Monday, July 8, 2013

Week Twenty Seven: Helping Out with a Scholarship Fundraising Car Wash.

On Sunday, my friend Seb called me up to see if I felt like giving a hand with a car wash that his friend was organizing. It was a pretty relaxing Sunday, I didn’t have too much on the go. Why not? I said. When I got into Seb’s car, he explained to me that his friend’s dad passed away about three years ago. Since then, his friend has been dedicated to raise funds for a $1000 financial aid scholarship he created in honour of his dad.

When we got to the Saint Laurent Complex, there were already a couple of friends with their cars lined up to support this cause, some offering up 20 dollar bills per wash. Seb and I stayed for a couple hours, but I was informed that from around 11am to 3pm, they raised a total of $175. It was one of three car washes that was organized.

Instagram: genesguin. #k4kproject

Truly inspirational.

G.

No comments:

Post a Comment