Sunday, January 13, 2013

Week Two: Ticketing by Mail.


For week numéro deux, I wanted to exploit this “random act of kindness” concept. At work, since we have recently been organizing events with the Museum of Nature, they have been very generous in return. As a way of thanking us for doing business with them, they have been offering a lot of free admission tickets for some of their upcoming events. I had received tickets for their Nature Unleashed exhibition back in October but I never had the chance to actually go check it out. So I decided to share the love with some random person whose name was picked by my hovering finger after opening the phonebook instead. I’m a mail person. I always love to send things by mail to my friends and family, internationally or not, because I find that it means so much more than just sending a letter or an item. To me, it represents dedication and time spent writing and reflecting on the relationship you hold with this person. In this case, it was a slightly different scenario, but I thought it would add a personal touch that someone might appreciate. The idea was to encourage the recipient to create a new experience with someone they like spending time with; an experience that would possibly not have happened were she/he would not have been given that extra push. Here's a chance for someone to be a tourist in their own city. 

Instagram: geneseguin. #k4kproject


(And for those of you who are wondering; no, I did not add a return address for the simple fact that I didn’t want in any way make the person feel obliged to send anything back. I felt like it would have defeated the whole purpose of the gesture.)



I hope Anonymous will enjoy the exhibition! 
G.

No comments:

Post a Comment