Sunday, January 6, 2013

Week One: Box of Bottles.


I decided to start with one simple, yet meaningful gesture. After cleaning out the apartment with my roommate, an idea came to mind. I thought of bringing out all of the empty wine and alcohol bottles that were leftover from the Holidays’ Festivities in the back of our apartment building. As there are occasionally some people that are less fortunate than us that scavenge around our neighborhood in search of empty bottles to bring back to the LCBO in order to get a modest return money for food and other necessities to survive, I figured that it would not nearly have as much of an impact in our lives if we were to cash it in ourselves. After explaining my project to my lovely roommate, Renée, (who is also a wonderful artist - you should check out her blog, just sayin’) and suggesting this to her, she was more than willing to help me bring out the bottles for a person in need to stumble upon. I will be making sure to check up on the box of bottles so that it does not get mistakenly be picked up by the kind recycling folks. I hope that this will positively impact someone's day. 



Instagram: geneseguin. #k4kproject


G.


.:Updated:.

Monday, January 7, 2013
It seems like someone came across the boxful of empties. 

Week One: accomplished. 


G.

No comments:

Post a Comment